Our motto: Long live diversity.
Gay & Lesbian Travel (LGBT Travel)
Since 2010 Gay & Lesbian Travel has been an established, successful segment of ITB Berlin. Characterized by openness, creativity and vibrant interaction, this is one of the most diverse areas of the trade show.
Together with their LGBT-Partner Diversity Tourism GmbH, ITB Berlin is hosting the LGBT Travel Pavilion including the LGBT Presentation Corner and the LGBT Media Brunch at the CityCube Berlin on ITB Wednesday, where members of the media will be able to get together in an informal atmosphere with representatives of destinations and other tourism providers.
LGBT Travel also always holds a slot on the ITB Friday at the ITB Berlin Convention where current topics of the segments are regularly discussed by international experts.
On the ITB weekend, private visitors also enjoy extra attention, shows and entertainment at the LGBT Travel Pavilion.
For more information, you can download the LGBT program brochure of the last ITB Berlin here:
For all networking enthusiasts, the very popular Gay ITB Party hosted by TomOnTour.com & partners bringing together exhibitors, buyers and media from all-around the world is must attend event. Please contact ITB@tomontour.com for your personal invitation.
Contact for exhibitors and trade visitors:
Messe Berlin GmbH
Telephone: +49 (0)30 3038-2157
Diversity Tourism GmbH
+49 (0)89 62439772
Registration for the Gay and Lesbian Travel Pavilion 2020:
Further Information for exhibitors:
LGBT Exhibitor info sheet 2020
LGBT Programbrochure 2019:
Registration for the Pink Pavilion ITB Asia 2019: following soon
LGBT Stand registration ITB Berlin 2020: following in early summer
Registration sheet for the LGBT Media Brunch ITB Berlin 2020: following in early summer
Registration for the Presentation Slot at the LGBT Travel Pavilion ITB Berlin 2020: following in early summer
Registration form for LGBT Partnerships 2020:
following in early summer
Sponsoring information for the LGBT Segment ITB Berlin 2020: following in early summer
Information on the 2nd Global LGBT+ Business Summit ITB Berlin 2020: following in early summer
Program Brochure LGBT + Travel Pavilion 2019
Here you will find all exhibitors, presentations, panel discussions and all information about the networking events at the LGBT+ Pavilion. The ITB convention hosts again another LGBT+ panel discussion at the Palais am Funkturm followed by the LGBT+ Pioneer Award ceremony on Thursday. The new International LGBT+ Leadership Summit will take place on the Saturday at the CityCube, room M1-M3.
We are looking forward to see you at ITB Berlin 2019!
ITB Berlin Commitment to LGBT Travel
In the context of its social responsibilities ITB Berlin considers itself to be an ambassador for human rights and tolerance. That is why our commitment to the area of LGBT Travel extends far beyond the trade show.
- Messe Berlin has signed the Diversity Charter, thus pledging to actively support diversity within the company. The principles of the charter aim to ensure a working environment that is free of prejudices. Every employee should be respected regardless of their gender, nationality, ethnic background, faith, ideology, disabilities, age, sexuality or identity.
- Together with visitBerlin, Argentina, VisitFlorida and Vienna ITB Berlin increases advertising for Gay & Lesbian Travel. Read more in the Press report.
- ITB Berlin has participated twice in the Tourism Fair of the Americas in Brazil (ABAV), with a large LGBT Area and a diverse seminar program.
- ITB Berlin is a member of the International Gay&Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and supports the IGLTA Foundation which is the philanthropic organization of the IGLTA. ITB CSR Commissioner Rika Jean-François serves on the Association’s Board of Directors. ITB Berlin and IGLTA have signed the Code of Conduct against the sexual exploitation of children.
- ITB Berlin also organizes a “Pink Pavilion” at ITB Asia which is held in October in Singapore. In case you are interested to join us please contact Mrs Jean-François at email@example.com
- In the frame of the ITB Academy ITB, in cooperation with its partner Diversity Tourism GmbH, is organizing seminars, workshops and lectures on LGBT+ tourism worldwide. During the last years related events took place in Poland, India, Brazil, USA and in August 2017 for the first time in Japan, followed by an event in November 2018 in Malta.
ITB LGBT+ Academy
On request, the ITB Academy organizes LGBT workshops for destinations and their touristic suppliers with information on the global gay&lesbian travel segment, special marketing and market developments. For that purpose, ITB Berlin works very close with Community Marketing International (CMI) from San Francisco, a renown research company specializing in LGBT marketing research. Additional information regarding the ITB Academy is available here.
ITB LGBT Academy Malta 2018
ITB Academy: LGBT+ Tourism Summit in Malta
The Malta Tourist Authority and ITB Berlin very successfully jointly organized the first LGBT+ Tourism Summit for tourism professionals from November 22-23 2018 in Malta. International experts informed about current market developments and new marketing strategies in this booming segment and enjoyed great networking opportunities.
More information is available here.
ITB LGBT Academy Japan 2017
For the first time in Japan, the Land of the Rising Sun, ITB Berlin has hosted an LGBT Academy with two workshops in a row on lesbian and gay travel. On 23 August 2017 the World’s leading Travel Trade Show ® has invited participants to a half-day event in Tokyo, and a day later visitors found out more about the globally expanding LGBT market in the Imperial City of Kyoto.
Important partners of the workshops include Kyoto Convention & Visitors Bureau,Hotel Granvia Kyoto, the Japanese publisher Ohta Publications, All Nippon Airways, Out Japan, Out Asia Travel and The Capitol Hotel Tokyu. Other sponsors include the Japan Association of Travel Agents JATA, the Japan Hotel Association Kyoto Branch and IGLTA, the world's leading global travel network dedicated to connecting and educating LGBT travelers.