Medical Tourism – travelling for medical reasons a booming segment
Medical tourism has been increasing for years, according to a report by VISA and Oxford Economic. Only a few years ago, Medical Tourism was a blip in overall global tourism spending. Today, it is a multi-billion dollar industry that is expected to grow by up to 25 percent per year over the next ten years.
There are different reasons for people to travel for medial reasons:
- higher quality in care and services
- reduced costs of cross-border medical treatment
- medical treatment combined with attractive destinations
- treatments and medications not approved or available in the home country
FFor the 3rd time, ITB Berlin 2019 will offer a platform for the medical tourism segment, which has become an important fast-growing market. We will once again provide the Medical Tourism Pavilion for medical service providers, hotels and destinations to present their products and services. The adjacent Presentation Hub will invite visitors to follow presentations, workshops and discussions to find out more about the latest trends and developments in this growth market.
During the Medical Media Lunch on the ITB Wednesday, journalists and editors will have the chance to get in touch with medical tourism exhibitors for first-hand information.
Another great networking opportunity is the ITB Medical Night on ITB Friday where all exhibitors, buyers and media will meet in a relaxed but yet professional atmosphere in downtown Berlin.
For more information, please download the Medical Tourism brochure of ITB Berlin 2018.
Contact for exhibitors and trade visitors
For more questions, please contact:
- General information about ITB Medical Tourism Pavilion
- Registration form for Medical Partnerships 2019: ITB Medical Tourism Partnership
- Stand registration for Medical Tourism
- Registration form Presentation Corner 2019
- Registration form Media Lunch 2019
- Registration form ITB Medical Night 2019
- Sponsoring information for the Medical Segment 2019: (coming soon)