Together we can bring about a great deal of change.
CSR Commitment throughout the year
Sustainability is a holistic subject which requires continuous action. That is why ITB Berlin’s commitment continues the whole year long, well beyond the trade show itself.
We offer long-standing support to projects which significantly contribute to environmental protection, advocate human rights or foster tolerance and diversity. And we have worked very faithfully over many years with partners whose know-how, creativity and courage are a tremendous support and asset.
Additional ITB Berlin activities
ITB Berlin regularly conducts charitable activities as immediate aid to support social projects:
- Fundraiser for an action from Kindernothilfe in cooperation with the Ruhr area (2009)
- Fundraiser for post-earthquake reconstruction in Haiti (2010 and 2011)
- Ongoing support of the development of touristic infrastructure in Haiti: www.haiticare.de
- Fundraiser to protect dolphins in the Red Sea (2012): www.hepca.org
- Fundraiser for the Aswan Heart Centre in Egypt (2012): myf-egypt.org
- Support for Education for Indonesia, a student-founded relief project for children from socially disadvantaged families and neighborhoods (2013)
- Fundraiser for a “MisiónMéxico” orphanage in Tapachula, Chiapas (2014): www.lovelifehope.com
- Fundraiser for Wings of Help who are offering relief supply after natural and humanitarian catastrophes and support refugee camps
- Ongoing support of Berliner Kältehilfe’s “Frostschutzengel” project for the protection of the homeless during the winter: www.kaeltehilfe-berlin.de
The aim is to help people to help themselves.
Furthermore since 2010 ITB Berlin has been a sponsor of a solar cell on the wing of the “Solar Impulse HB-SIB”, the airplane which Bertrand Picard and André Borschberg used in 2012 for the very first solar-powered flight around the world. We share the view that it is absolutely essential to find alternative energy sources and to invest in the future of our planet by means of projects which are ecologically and economically sound.