ITB Berlin Media Registration
Online accreditation for media and travel bloggers for ITB Berlin 2020 is from now on available.
Please note that your login data for ITB Berlin 2019 are no longer valid - you must register for the ITB Berlin 2020 anew.
Please note the accreditation guidelines.
After your application has been processed and approved you will receive an email with your press pass attached in a PDF file which you can print out yourself (in colour or black and white).
Please note: If at all possible please make use of the online accreditation facility, as this avoids long waiting times at the show.
Accreditation guidelines of Messe Berlin
As an exhibition organiser we want to make it easier for journalists to access information about our events and our company by offering accreditation. Accreditation is awarded exclusively for the purposes of journalistic reporting.
The following persons are entitled to media accreditation:
Persons from Germany or abroad who can provide the following proof of journalistic (including photojournalistic) employment (related to the topic of the exhibition in question):
a. By presenting by-line articles published no earlier than six months before the time of the event.
b. By presenting a legal notice in which they are named as editors, permanent editorial staff or authors, and which is no older than three months at the time of the event.
c. By presenting a written commission from a complete editorial office, in the original, relating to the current exhibition.
d. By means of a weblink to an online publication that is well established in the industry community in question and that can prove an adequate reach. In these cases, advance accreditation is necessary due to the extra verification effort. Online media of this type must have been in existence for at least three months, must produce regular entries and the most recent article relating to the topic of the exhibition must be no older than three months. (In individual cases, separate, more detailed accreditation rules may be specified for bloggers, with a separate status for bloggers.)
e. By presenting a document no older than six months stating that they work for a school magazine, or by presenting a valid ID from a youth press organisation, or by presenting written confirmation from a school stating that they work for the school magazine in an editorial capacity.
f. Holders of a valid press card from a German or foreign journalists’ association. We point out that presenting a press card is generally not, in itself, sufficient grounds for accreditation. The exhibition organiser reserves the right to request further proof of journalistic employment as specified in items a to e. Credentials should be presented in German or English. The exhibition organiser reserves the right in individual cases to also demand presentation of a valid photo ID. There is no automatic right to accreditation. If necessary, the exhibition organiser shall exercise its domiciliary rights.
The following groups of persons shall not be accredited:
- Persons without journalistic credentials, such as account managers, sales managers, advertising managers or webmasters, PR consultants and private companions.
- Germans resident in Germany who present a foreign press Card.
- Persons who present a written commission from a freelance journalist.
- Persons who are exclusively active in social networks in a private capacity.
Accreditation of Travel Bloggers
Note to travel bloggers:
- In order to obtain accreditation your blog must be relevant to ITB Berlin. Blogs focusing on non travel-related subjects will not be taken into account.
- The blog in question must already be in existence for six months and the blogger applying for accreditation must have made regular and relevant contributions. In order to obtain accreditation the visibility of a blog must be high, it must be topical and a reach of at least 5,000 visitors per month is required.
- A high visibility and a relevant reach of the following travel-related social media channels can also lead to successful accreditation:
- Instagram: 50,000 subscribers
- YouTube: 10,000 subscribers
- Facebook: 5,000 likes
- The application must include corresponding proof and statistics, to be uploaded as a ’Media Kit’ in the form of a PDF file (in German or English). Independent software for example such as Google Analytics or Statify should be used to supply a screenshot of the relevant data (unique visitors, page impressions and duration of visits, in each case covering the last three months from the date of accreditation). The name of the account and the date of the screenshot must be visible and recognizable.
- Only persons taking editorial responsibility for a blog may obtain accreditation. We reserve the right to set a maximum number of persons we shall accept per blog.
- Only blogs that do no promote sales will be accepted.
Upon receiving accreditation the holder will be granted admission to ITB Berlin and the ITB Berlin Convention free of charge. Accreditation does not automatically include registration for the Blogger Speed Dating event.
Approved travel bloggers are able to register for the Blogger Speed Dating.
Please note: During ITB Berlin bloggers will not be able to obtain accreditation at the press counters at the show.
Are you accredited yet? If so, then you can register for free for the ITB Media and Blogger Speed Dating 2020
NEW in 2020:
At the ITB Media and Blogger Speed Dating, accredited travel blogger and (new in 2020) also media representatives meet exhibitors of ITB Berlin 2020 (destinations, attractions, hotels, agencies, airlines, associations, etc.) in short, pre-planned meeting slots. The 8-minute slots allow a brief introduction and the establishment of first valuable business contacts. Participation is for free.
Get the most out of your visit at ITB Berlin!
You want to be part of it?
Registration for ITB Media and Blogger Speed Dating is now open: register now
At a glance
What: ITB Media and Blogger Speed Dating
When: 5 March 2020, 4 pm - 6 pm
Where: City Cube Berlin, Level B
Who: Accredited media representatives and travel blogger meet international exhibitors of ITB Berlin
Registration: available here
Senior Vice President
Messe Berlin Group
We reserve the right to modify this policy without public notice and to revoke previously issued accreditation/registration at any time.